Eat Well for Life BINGONutrition education tool Ongoing initiative
Hosting Organization: Timiskaming Health Unit
Type of Event: Nutrition education tool
Audience: Older AdultsDownload Document
This initiative is designed to integrate the Canada’s Food Guide in an interactive bingo game, making learning about healthy eating for healthy aging interesting and fun.
- To become familiar with Canada’s Food Guide and its main food groups.
- To be able to match regular foods with their respective food groups.
- To become familiar with types and proportions of foods that promote healthy eating habits.
- To increase interest in and consumption of a variety of healthy food choices.
- To recognize important foods and practices for healthy eating habits that promote healthy aging.
- Instructions Canada’s Food Guide 30 bingo player cards 4 colour coded Caller Cards to cut before the game (80 foods) Caller Master Sheet (4 colour coded Caller Cards to mark the foods called)
Other material needed:
- Bingo chips Small bag/container to mix food cards Prizes